Features Subject to Separate Terms
This Site, including all text, images, software and other content contained herein, is the property of MapJam or its suppliers and is protected by international copyright laws. The compilation and arrangement of all content on this Site is the exclusive property of MapJam and is protected by international copyright laws. All rights reserved.
All MapJam marks, graphics, logos, designs and trade names used and displayed on this Site have been licensed for the sole and exclusive use of MapJam. The "look and feel" of this Site constitutes proprietary trade dress of MapJam. All other trademarks that appear on this Site are the property of their respective owners. You may not use any such marks for any purpose whatsoever without the express prior written permission of the owner.
Use of Site; Restrictions
You may view and print material displayed on this Site subject to the following conditions: (a) the materials may be used solely for your own, personal information and reasonable commercial use; and (b) you must retain without modification all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices affixed to or contained in the materials you print and all copies thereof. You may not copy or otherwise use this Site or any portion hereof, except as expressly provided above. Except for general sharing to sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and similar sites, you may not reproduce, download, republish, frame, transmit, distribute, sell, license, modify, alter, reverse engineer or prepare derivative works from this Site or any portion hereof, except with the express prior written permission of MapJam. Use of spiders, data mining tools, robots and similar data gathering and extraction tools is expressly prohibited, except by publicly available Internet search engine portals solely for purposes of indexing this Site. In the event you link to this Site, you agree to remove any such links to this Site (or any portion hereof) to which MapJam objects promptly upon request. Nothing contained in this Site shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any license or right under any copyright, patent, trademark or other proprietary interest of MapJam or any third party. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
To the extent that portions of this Site provide users and businesses an opportunity to post and/or exchange information, ideas, opinions, photographs, images, video, creative works, messages or any other material (individually and collectively, "Postings"), please be advised that Postings do not necessarily reflect the views of MapJam. In no event shall MapJam assume or have any responsibility or liability for any Postings or for any claims, damages or losses resulting from their use and/or appearance on this Site.
Responsibility for Postings lies with each user
You alone are responsible for the content of your Postings and the consequences of any such Postings. By submitting a Posting, you represent and warrant that you have all necessary rights in and to all Postings you provide and all information they contain and that such Postings shall not infringe any proprietary or other rights of third parties or contain any libelous, tortious or otherwise unlawful information. If your Posting incorporates the name, voice, likeness and/or image of any individual and/or any third party-owned content, including but not limited to text, graphics, software, music, sound, photographs, videos, messages, posts, data, information or other material, you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant MapJam and other users permission to use such name, voice, likeness and/or image of such individual and/or such third party-owned content appearing in the Posting in all media throughout the world in perpetuity.
By submitting a Posting, you hereby authorize MapJam and other users a non-exclusive, royalty-free, non-terminable license right to use, reproduce, modify and distribute your Postings, in whole or in part, throughout the world in perpetuity in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, either alone or together or as part of other material of any kind or nature. Without limiting the foregoing, MapJam will have the right to use, copy, display, perform, distribute, adapt, modify and re-format the Postings in any manner that MapJam may determine in its sole discretion. You further agree that MapJam may identify you as the author of any of your Postings by name, email address or screen name as MapJam sees appropriate.
- violates or infringes the rights of others, including without limitation patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, publicity or other proprietary rights;
- involves uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise making available any Postings that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, hateful, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, pornographic, vulgar, indecent, profane, obscene, or any other information that MapJam deems in its sole discretion to be inappropriate for this Site, including without limitation sexually explicit material, or material containing nudity;
- victimizes, harasses, "stalks," degrades, attacks or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on any basis, including but not limited to religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability;
- promotes places or activities for the purposes of sexual encounters in public places;
- harms minors in any way;
- impersonates any person, business or entity (including but not limited to an MapJam official, discussion group moderator or other forum leader, guide or host), or in any way falsely states or misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity;
- involves forging headers or otherwise manipulating identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Postings transmitted through this Site;
- deletes or changes in any way any information posted on the Site by any other person other than yourself;
- contains viruses, corrupted files, cancelbots, Trojan horses, worm, scripts, or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, impair, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, or otherwise permit the unauthorized use of a computer or computer network;
- disrupts the normal flow of dialogue, causes a screen to "scroll" faster than other users of this Site are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real time exchanges;
- instigates or encourages others to commit illegal activities or cause injury or property damage to any person;
- encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or that gives rise to civil liability;
- intentionally inflate product or member ratings for the purposes of falsely representing the quality of any product or member on the Site; or
For purposes of clarity, "masked" vulgarity, obscenity or profanity (e.g., "f*cK") is deemed to be equivalent to including the actual objectionable word, phrase or symbol in your Posting or otherwise on MapJam. MapJam reserves the right to delete any such material from this Site.
Users are prohibited from using this Site and its URLs for unsolicited marketing where the receiver has no option to opt out of future communication, such as in chain letters, junk mail, spamming, or unauthorized commercial activities of any kind. You may not harvest information about other users for the purpose of sending, or to facilitate the sending, of unsolicited bulk communications. We may terminate your access to or use of this Site immediately and take any other legal action if you, or anyone using your account, violates these provisions. We may take any technical remedies to prevent unsolicited bulk communications from entering, utilizing, or remaining within our systems or communications networks.
Content Contributed to this Site by Third Parties
Although MapJam may from time to time periodically monitor the content posted on this Site, we are under no obligation to do so. You acknowledge that MapJam does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Posting, advice, opinion, statement, suggestion or other information offered by third parties that is displayed or distributed throughout this Site. Discussion group moderators, bloggers, and other forum leaders, guides and hosts are not authorized MapJam spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of MapJam. MapJam cannot and shall not be responsible for the views or opinions expressed by any third parties. Any Posting, advice, opinions, statements, suggestions, services, offers or other information or content presented or disseminated by third parties via this Site are those of their respective authors who are solely liable for their content. Your reliance upon any such Posting, advice, opinion, statement, suggestion or information shall be at your sole risk.
MapJam is committed to creating a respectful online sites dedicated to providing useful map based information. MapJam relies on its users to help maintain the integrity of the Site and the information provided to our users, by not posting, exchanging or disseminating through the Site any "Adult" content. Adult content includes without limitation depictions of the naked body, including individuals in sexual postures or activities and sexual engagements between or among individuals. In the event MapJam becomes aware of any Adult content on the Site, it may, at its own discretion, remove such content with or without notice to the user.
MapJam also encourages its registered members to communicate with each other and provide each other with mutually beneficial information. That said, you should use appropriate caution when contacted by other users to meet in person or travel together, or follow information provided by another user, and should refrain from meeting people you don't know alone or in private, dark, remote or secluded places. MapJam does not screen its users, and in the event you should decide to meet another user in person, you do so AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Infringement
MapJam respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe your copyrighted materials have been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please follow our Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement, which includes instructions on how to contact us to report possible copyright infringement by our users. ALL INQUIRIES NOT RELATING TO SUCH A CLAIM WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE.
No Rendering of Advice
The information contained in or made available through this Site is provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering consulting, design, architectural, engineering, legal or other professional advice of any kind. Your use of this Site does not give rise to a client, advisory, fiduciary or professional services relationship between you and MapJam.
Accuracy of Information
While MapJam uses reasonable efforts to furnish accurate and up-to-date information, MapJam does not warrant that any information contained in or made available through this Site (including, without limitation, any information provided directly by representatives of MapJam, whether through newsletters, blogs, message boards or otherwise) is accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. MapJam assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of this Site or such other materials or communications.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitations of Liability
THIS SITE IS PROVIDED BY MapJam ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, MapJam AND ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, MapJam AND ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND AS TO THE OPERATION OR AVAILABILITY OF THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE. MapJam DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE, OR THAT THIS SITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
Links to Third Party Websites
For your convenience, this Site may provide hyperlinks to websites, servers and other resources maintained by third parties over which MapJam does not have control, including, without limitation, message boards and/or links to Web sites or pages that are framed within this Site. Even if such materials are framed within this Site and appear to be a part of this Site, MapJam does not evaluate, endorse or guarantee content found in such sites. MapJam does not assume any responsibility or liability for the actions, products, services or content of these sites or the parties that operate them. You should carefully review their privacy statements and other conditions of use. Your use of these sites is entirely at your own risk.
Feedback and Other Submissions
All comments, feedback, suggestions, ideas and similar submissions furnished to MapJam in connection with your use of this Site shall be deemed assigned to and shall remain the exclusive property of MapJam. No such submissions shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of MapJam, and MapJam shall be entitled to unrestricted use and disclosure of such submissions throughout the world for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without any obligation to compensate you for such use or disclosure. You represent that you have the lawful right to furnish such submissions to MapJam and agree that you will not submit any information unless you are legally entitled to do so.
Termination or Suspension of Access; Modifications to Site
Applicable Laws; Exclusive Jurisdiction
Consent to Electronic Delivery of Notices
When you visit MapJam or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically, including without limitation by e-mail or by posting notices on this Site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. To withdraw your consent to receive notices electronically, you must notify us of your withdrawal of such consent and discontinue your use of this Site.
Procedure for making claims of copyright infringement
All notifications of claimed copyright infringement on this Site should be sent ONLY to our Designated Agent.
NOTE: THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS PROVIDED SOLELY FOR NOTIFYING MapJam THAT YOUR COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL MAY HAVE BEEN INFRINGED BY OUR USERS. Do not send any inquiries unrelated to copyright infringement (e.g., requests for technical assistance or customer service) to the contact listed below. You will not receive a response if sent to that contact.
Written notification must be submitted to the following Designated Agent, preferably by email:
Service Provider(s): MapJam, Inc..
Name of Agent Designated to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement: Jack Gonzalez
Full Address of Designated Agent to Which Notification Should be Sent: MapJam, Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 488, San Francisco, CA 94103
E-mail Address of Designated Agent: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Notification of Claimed Infringement must include the following:
- An electronic or physical signature of the owner or of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- Identification of the copyrighted work (or works) that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of the material that you claim is infringing, and the location where the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work exists (for example, the URL of the page of the website where it is lawfully posted; the name, edition and pages of a book from which an excerpt was copied; etc.);
- A clear description of where the infringing material is located on our website, including as applicable its URL, so that we can locate the material;
- Your address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.